For more detailed reviews feel free to visit our Tripadvisor page.
Some of our guest's feedback and review in the recent years;
Service: Self guided tour from Split to Korcula, Peljesac, Mljet finishing in Dubrovnik
We are a group of friends in our mid-60’s from the Pacific Northwest who typically plan multi-day rides covering between 50 to 70 miles per day. We assumed we would ride less and eat and drink more while in Croatia.
Great van and roof-top racks! Really liked your bikes and the kit provided including the rear rack, bag (with shoulder strap) multi-tool, spare tubes + patch kit including the fuller bike-tool box stored in the van which was set up to resolve a variety of potential bike issues. We appreciated having more of a road bike than an off-road style. (We brought over our own seats and pedals.) Croatia has great roads and so the bikes were set up to be fast if you wanted fast, and we did.
We especially appreciated your calm aid when we reported in with a self-created mechanical problem. The true mark of a well run company is how it responds in times of stress and you put us at ease while immediately putting in place a rapid response team of nearby mechanics to keep us rolling.
We found the Croatian people to be friendly and English spoken throughout the country. The ferry system was dependable and relatively inexpensive. Crime is reportedly low. The food was truly fantastic with attentive waiters and beautiful settings typical of nearly all our outings. We toured in early June and it was in the mid to upper 80’s so take your water bottle plus a Camelback-style hydration pack which will increase drinking frequency. We did an end-to-end ride of Korcula which was wonderful but elsewhere in this environment, shorter cycling days focusing on exploring the small towns and beaches will pay dividends.
I would highly recommend MeridienTen to anyone contemplating exploring Croatia by bike. Thanks, MeridienTen, for your generosity and professionalism.
Tom G. Seattle USA
Service: Self guided tour Dubrovnik-Split
- Great guidance given on hotels / restaurants at each stop of the trip. Extremely satisfied with hotels and accommodation in general.
- I spoke to a number of US based tour operators, and found that a few of them outsourced their services to you. I then found your website and reached out directly to you. As I noted above, I was lucky to find you.
- It was an incredible trip. We could not have asked anything more of Andro. We have been, and will continue to recommend Meridien Ten to all friends interested in visiting Croatia. If you start running tours in other countries make sure to let us know!
- Best trip we have ever taken.
Chris P, NY, USA
Service: route planning, support, transfers (boat + land), bike rentals, marked maps
Thank you once again for your large part in making our recent trip to Croatia so enjoyable! The bicycles were very good quality and performed flawlessly. The route map and information was a great resource. You chose some excellent roads which we really enjoyed riding. It is difficult to choose a favorite! Our ferry logistics were smooth. The private ferry was a highlight! We felt like we were in a James Bond movie! We appreciate your effort in picking up the bikes in Spit and for ferrying us up to Ston.
Feel free to use us as a reference for furture inquiries regarding bike rentals and trips. We will enthusiastically recommend your service!
We hope to return for another trip with more friends and family. I would like to share with others the beauty and hospitality of Dalmatia!
I hope we are able to host you for a trip here some day.
Jack and Barbara G.
Service: Family custom cycling tour: from Split to Dubrovnik
Thank you for helping make our family vacation so memorable. Your meticulous attention to detail ensured that everything went so smoothly, from our boat transfers to the dedicated van support to making sure our luggage was brought to our hotel via taxi and boat - so we had no worries at all !
We were grateful that you were also so wonderful about making suggestions and able to make some changes to our itinerary when we were there. We enjoyed the well-documented bike routes and great suggestions for sightseeing and dining along the way. We highly recommend your company.
It was such a pleasure to work with you and hope we have the occasion to see you again in Croatia or in the States.
Service: Sail and bike tour on Dalmatian islands
- We heard about Meridien Ten from a Croatian friend. Quality and condition of the bikes was excellent.
- We were extremely satisfied with accommodation.
- We were so impressed with Meridien Ten's attention to detail and the care taken to meet all our wishes. The tour easily surpassed all our expectations.
- It is difficult to say what was the best experience during the trip, the entire trip was such a wonderful experience but riding to and through the national park on Mljet was really lovely.
- Not only were the route maps and directions thorough and detailed but the extra information on where to stay, sights to see, things to do, where to eat, was just amazing. We'll travel again with Meridien Ten in a heartbeat!
Michele B, BC, Canada
Service: Self guided bike tour
- We took a very convoluted route to the office to pick up bikes; detailed map/instructions would have been great. More pre-trip support would have been great. I have seen other tours provide general packing lists and information prior to the trip. The quality and condition of the bikes was excellent.
- We were extremly satisfied with hotels and accommodation in general. Highlight was stay with Luca on Hvar! Had dinner with their friends, a wonderful time. Also Pero at hotel in Split was so friendly and helpful.
- The worst experience was on our first day when it was very very hot, there was not much shade and we did not have proper hydration with electrolytes/salt.
- We really enjoyed our trip thanks to the staff and we would recommend Meridien Ten to a friend!
Damian Beil, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Service: Self guided bike tour Split-Dubrovnik
- The itinerary was too much for us; service was excellent.I think there was a misunderstanding about the distance we wanted to ride daily; it was too much for us so we modified the route dramatically.
- Quality and condition of the bikes was excellent.
- Up front queries about specific elevation and distance limits. We took a taxi with the bikes from Stari Grad to Hvar, then rented a private boat to take us to Korcula town. This gave us lots of time to enjoy Croatia, rather than just riding 8 hours a day.
- The best experience during the trip was meeting friendly people in Hvar; we were surprised to discover that many people were not tourist friendly, so this was really appreciated.
- The worst experience - maybe I shouldn't compare to N Americans, but the people were generally unsmiling, unhelpful - like they hated having to deal with us. We thought it odd. I guess they are sick of tourists??
- Meridien Ten people were all friendly and helpful. We would recommend Meridien Ten to a friend! Thank you!
Susan & John Verver, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Service: Self guided bike tour Split-Dubrovnik
- This tour and Meridien Ten services were excellent.
- Very good information but more help about where/how to find ferries would have been useful.
- Bikes were excellent.
- I was disappointed to find we were both provided with a presta type pump when the valves on our tires were schraeder. We were given a presta spare tube. If we had a slow puncture it would have been a problem. Julia's speedo was not set correctly. It recorded about 10% further than mine. Mine worked well most of the time but at one point stopped recording. Weak battery?
- Palace Hotel in Hvar was excellent. Room in Split was acceptable but not good. Some view from the window or some courtyard/garden space would have been better. Hotel in Korcula was fine.
- The best experience we had on the coastal ride (and swim) on Peljesac after leaving the main road and going through the tunnel all the way to Zuljana. The ride from Stari Grad to Hvar town (after the steepest part of the climb). The flowers and views were superb.
- The worst experience was the heavy rain and cold in Split. (I don't hold Meridien Ten responsible!)
- I would recommend Meridien Ten to a friend. Ante, Ivana, Ivan and Andro were all very friendly and helpful and a pleasure to deal with. A very professional service all round.
Philip Giles, York, UK
Service: Bike rental
- Bikes were great!
- We had a couple of days with rain so front and rear mudguards would be good.
- The roads and landscape between Sinj-Trilj-Zadvarje-Brela on a sunny day. The trip from Omis to Split over Mosor (on the highest road), ending in the excellent restaurant Rus in Zrnovnica. Restaurant Hvaranin in Split.
- I would recommend Meridien Ten to a friend!
Jon Kvaerne, Oslo, Norway
Service: Bike rental
- This tour and Meridien Ten services were Top ten life experience! We chose the route ourselves after speaking with Meridien 10 about our abilities.
- During pre-tour/rental period Meridien Ten was very responsive by email as we planned long distace away.
- Bikes were excellent but the handlebars didn't suit us for long days on the bike. Both of us had the last fingers on each hand go numb and lasted that way for weeks afterward... Perhaps adding the upright grip to the existing hadlebar would be the ticket. Bikes worked great for the mountainous terrain we rode. Geared well. It was great that Meridien Ten came and picked up the bikes in Mostar for us at the end of the trip!
- The best experience during the trip: So many of the roads in the area are paved with asphalt yet do not have heavy traffic. A touring bikers dream. Some days it was as if the entire road was just there for us bikers!
- The worst experience: We travelled completely independently so this is only our fault - too long a day when we did 120 kilometers!
- Meridien Ten is a fantasitic company, completely reliable for us and positioned in one of the most fantastic areas for touring! They will even pick up your bike at the end of your tour if you want to go from one point to the other.
Tom & Catie Bursch, Homer, Alaska, USA
Service: Bike rental for 21 day bike tour
- Excellent bikes and helpful staff.
- The best experience we had during the trip were useful insider tips and advices from your friendly staff (Ante Vujanovic)! I'd recommend Meridien Ten to a friend.
Christian Steiner, Langwies, Switzerland
Service: Self guided bike tour Dubrovnik - Split
- Pre-tour assistance, maps and route instructions, information provided during the tour review and daily notes/sheets were excellent.
- We would have liked to know the length and grade of the large climbs and descents to plan our day better. Our recommendation for traveling in the south to north direction would be to stay in Ston the night before the tour and do the briefing and bike prep that night. We felt rushed leaving Ston after noon and having to catch a ferry without knowing the terrain. We didn't have time to see Ston or visit wineries etc.
- Best experience we had during the trip were excellent rides from Hvar to Jelsa and from Bol to Supetar. Thanks for the tip for the Villa Spiza restaurant in Split! Great meal. Enjoyed drinks with Andro and Ante in Split. Luggage transfers and all organizational elements were perfect. Kudos to the support people!
- Thanks to the Meridien staff for an excellent package and experience. We loved our cycle tour of Dalmatia.
Dave Rencz & Mary Jane Hammond, Canmore, Alberta, Canada
Service: Self guided bike tour Dubrovnik - Split
- This tour and Meridien Ten services outstanding.
- As we said in Split, this was a first rate tour in all aspects and we hope to be able to do some other tour with you in the future.
- Regarding hotels and accommodation in general we were satisfied. We were pleased and got the level expected. We don't go on these tours to have luxury hotels.
- Our suggestion would be one night in Dubrovnik and then the second in Ston allowing for the bike and tour orientation to happen in the evening in Ston to ensure time to see Ston and the walls that evening or the next day. We felt the bike touring time on the first day was not enough.
- Biking the islands was amazing. All of the people Meridien usd for transfers etc. were pleasant, on time and knew their roles. In general people were very friendly.Thanks for a great trip. Ante and Andro were great to deal with. Thanks also for the drinks on the final night. Come visit us in Canada.
Wayne Fingas, Canmore, Alberta, Canada
Service: Consulting, cooperation, transfers and bike rental
Dear Ante, Ivana, Andro,
Hereby we would like to thank you for the great organisation and the pleasant cooperation with all of you. Despite the complexity of this file, and the fact that the file was just partly organised by you, everything went so great.
Clients were more than happy and they had a great holiday. This kind of client feedback makes our job so agreable!
Many thanks with all our hearts and we hope to work again in future!!
Jozefien and Patsy / Atlas Reizen / Belgium
Service: Custom self guided bike tour Dubrovnik - Split
Dear Ante, Ivana and Andro
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for organising a fantastic trip – I fell in love with Croatia and can’t wait to get back.
I think this will be in June 2013. I would like to organise a boat/biking trip, probably with at least 2 boats (length 15m+). My business partner loves fishing (I don’t so I never let him on my boat). I normally charter bare boats with me as the skipper but I like the sound of having a paid skipper on board so I can have fun when I want and relax when I don’t. Could you make a few suggestions please?
Richard Davies, UK
Service: Family multisport tour Split - Dubrovnik
Dear Vese and Andro
Thank you so much for organising a wonderful holiday for us. It was really successful and we enjoyed everything. The arrangements you made for us were faultless and we would definitely recommend you to our friends and will be in touch if we are planning another trip to Croatia!
Service: Custom self guided bike tour Split - Dubrovnik
Thanks for everything, we had a blast. Both of us really enjoyed to whole trip, and your right about it being hot. The hills were also quite a bit steeper than we imagined, thank god the bikes had a lower gear than our at home.
Thanks a lot.
Have a great summer.
Service: Sail and bike tour
Andro: I can't tell you enough how wonderful our sailing/bike trip was.
Neve gave us the best sailing vacation. She is a lovely person, so natural with people, good-natured, energetic, kind and considerate. We could not have asked for a nicer skipper. As a skipper she is very confident, capable and knowledgeable and most of all loves sailing. Joerg said he had the best vacation and would do it again, as soon as he could. He would also go with Neve again because even though Neve gave him sailing lessons every day, he still can't sail by himself! :)
Thanks to Neve I got to exercise every day and I got free swimming lessons as well.
The bike routes are first class as are the bikes. Joerg is completely out of shape so it's hard for him to ride. We've had 2 rides and Nevenka has improvised with some running and swimming! She has managed to keep everyone happy.
We were so impressed with the planning you put into our trip and your care and concern before we left. Not only did you choose the right skipper, boat and sailing route (maybe Neve helped with that) but all the other details were first class. The hotels were excellent especially the little one on Vis. The detail of the bike routes, the supporting information on each island, restaurant recommendations, artist studio, was just completely amazing. I could not believe the choices and options for rides that you gave us. There is no way a person could not have been totally delighted with the bike itinerary.
Sadly, you know we only rode twice but that's Joerg's fault. He did not train to go on his vacation! For me it would be a dream come true to do all the rides you gave us.
I am trying to figure out how to do this vacation again so Joerg can sail (and me not so much) and I can do all the rides!
If I could, I'd give you and Neve the biggest hug.
Thanks so much.
Service: Self guided bike tour Dubrovnik – Split
Dear Ante and Andro,
Thank you for a wonderful holiday. It was perfect + everything we hoped for.
We loved the cycling on small roads, away from the traffic, beautiful countryside. We also loved staying 2 nights in each hotel, it was not to rushed and we had enough time to explore.
Definitely a 5 star holiday!!
Mery and John Hare
“We had a wonderful trip! Thank you all for everything. The bikes worked great, and we appreciate the time you spent getting them set up and fitted for us. The itinerary was excellent; we really enjoyed every place we went, and the ferry connections all worked out beautifully.
We have recommended your company to friends without hesitation. You run an excellent company. We also were very happy with the partners that you recommended—the rafting company, Hvar Adventures, and the private boat Frane.
We used the link you sent for a couple of our accommodations but booked most of our lodging on recommendations from Rick Steves (a U.S. travel writer we have come to trust) and through other internet sites that I found in my own search. All of our accommodations were good.
Most of the food recommendations were also very good. Our best meal of the trip was at the hotel you recommended in Mali Ston—the seafood there was incredible.
I can’t think of a thing we would have done differently.
Well, maybe if you could have cooled it off a little, that would have been good!
Best of luck with the new baby on the way.
Thank you again for a truly awesome vacation.
Report in Improper Bostonian:
Charity ride in Croatia, where we have provided bikes and all the logistics:
Service: Self guided bike tour from Split to Islands + Dubrovnik
Once again our thanks for a wonderful trip. It could not have been better. We have bike toured around the world, typically self guided using a local company for bikes, maps,rooms etc. No one does a better job than you.
“Dear Snjezana ,
I certainly felt bad not saying good by to you Andro, Your Mom and all the gang. We certainly appreciate all the advice , help, lounge space, box storage, transportation, reservations, and all the other help you gave all nine of us. Everything could not have been better. If you ever have anyone ask for a reference please have them give me a call send an email or whatever works for you. I now see why everyone I have spoken to about Croatia likes Split. The short trip to Dubrovnik answered that question. The crowds, the roads, the fast pace do not let anyone traveling that way have the full appreciation of the scenery , history and the sheer enjoyment of meeting the people
of Croatia. The bike puts everything in the true perspective.
Thank you all for making our trip so special and if any of you are in the US and nearby ,
let me know.